PATHWAYS TO SUCCESS PROGRAM
With a focus on apprenticeship, Oregon Tradeswomen, Inc.’s (OTI’s) Pathways to Success program offers the Trades and Apprenticeship Career Class (TACC); a 7-week, pre-apprenticeship training class that helps women prepare for a high skill, high wage career in construction. The class is offered at no charge to participants thanks to generous funding from foundations, industry, and individual donors.
2017 TAC Class Schedule
January 17 – March 2
April 4 – May 18
July 11 – August 24
October 3 – November 16
Class runs from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Register for an Information Session about the class, the first step to enrollment in the program.
Key benefits of attending TACC Class
- Learn basic trades math and measurement
- Receive an introduction to green building
- Explore topics such as job site safety and construction culture
- Learn to use hand and power tools
- Gain 30 hours of hands-on experience working alongside skilled female instructors on real job sites
- Go on field trips to apprenticeship training centers and active construction sites
- Improve physical fitness with strength training taught by a certified fitness trainer
||Upon graduation, OTI career counselors assist TACC graduates with their job search and application to apprenticeship training programs. OTI career counselors also provide individualized employment counseling throughout the entire course of the graduate’s trades career.
TACC Class enrollment requirements
- The ability to get a drivers’ license before official enrollment (with priority given to students that have a valid license)
- GED or HS Diploma
- Basic English speaking skills
- A stable living situation
- Stable mental health
- Physical fitness level sufficient enough to do strenuous activity all day (for example: jog short distances, climb ladders and work overhead, grip tools, carry a minimum of 50 lbs, use your upper body throughout the entire day, etc.).
- Ability to pass a drug test
Additional information about OTI’s TACC Class
||When does TACC Class meet?
Class meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 7 weeks, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How much does TACC Class cost?
Thanks to OTI’s supporters, the TACC Class is offered to women at no charge.
How do I get started with TACC Class?
Call 503.335.8200 x 21 or click on the REGISTER button (at right) to sign up for a TAC Class information session. Attending an information session is the first step.